JOIN THE TEAM AT VALUEDATA TECHNOLOGIES
The Professional Services Engineer (PSE) is an integral part of the Services organization. The PSE is responsible for ensuring that the company’s products are implemented within a customer’s organization in such a way as to meet or exceed a customer’s reasonable expectations of the solution’s technical and business benefits.
- Implementation of Actifio solutions in customer production environments
- Understand and demonstrate to customers how Actifio solutions provide business value and return on investment
- Drive high customer satisfaction by ensuring solutions meet benefits for the customer.
- Enable customers and business partners on use and maintenance of the solution
- Train and mentor Peers within ValueData Technologies and Business Partner Organizations
- Develop solution architecture and technical action plans
- Troubleshoot issues working with Customer, Business Partner and Actifio support and engineering
- Implementation of Proof of Concepts in a Pre-sales environment
- Have strong Knowledge in Databases, specifically, Oracle and SQL and able to interact with DBAs in terms of Dev/Ops and Backup/Recovery.
- Experience with Unix (Solaris, AIX or HP-UX) and Linux operating system with a good understanding of Networking and routing.
- Strong Shell scripting knowledge is required.
- A clear understanding of SAN / NAS architecture with experience in at least on storage and NAS technology product solution
- Good understanding on SAN switches for Zoning in at least on technology product solution like Brocade, Cisco, etc.
- Experience with at least one backup and replication technology for data backup and replication.
- Knowledge of virtualization technology like VMware or Hyper-V
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud is desired
- Strong Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Bachelor or Master degree desired
The primary function of the Solutions Architect is to drive the sales of Actifio solutions in the territory, working directly with Business Partner Sales Team. The Solutions Architect is responsible for all technical aspects of customer solutions, including the technical leadership, architecture, and demonstrations of Actifio technology. The role requires liaising with the Engineering and Customer Operations groups to drive the design and delivery of solutions that provide value to customers. In this role, we are also looking for someone that has a Large Enterprise Selling Experience – and ideally has worked in a start-up environment.
- Drive sales of Actifio solutions within the territory
- Architects Actifio solutions for Business Partner customers
- Educate customers on the functionality and benefits of Actifio technology
- Identifies, analyzes, and clarifies customer requirements to develop the best technical solution
- Delivers customer demonstrations of solutions
- Manages customer Proof of Concepts
- Creates and delivers proposals for customers
- Responsible for ongoing technical account management
- Drive high customer satisfaction by ensuring the solution provides benefits for the customer
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5-years in a Technology related pre-sales role
- Strong background in data storage technologies (FC, iSCSI, replication, snapshots, de-duplication)
- Experience with server virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Experience with Open Systems OS platforms (Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with backup and replication concepts
- Knowledge of databases like Oracle and Microsoft SQL is required
- Knowledge of applications like SharePoint and Exchange is required
- Knowledge of sales processes
- Leadership qualities to drive customer solutions
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects
ValueData Technologies is looking for next-generation sales leaders for its Value-Added Distribution of “Actifio” in India. Actifio is the market leader in Copy Data Management. Yes believe it, we have more opportunities for YOU to join ValueData Technologies professional sales team. We offer a fast-paced environment, leading-edge sales tools, and a corporate culture that supports and promotes teamwork and excellence.
As a member of our Business Development team, you will learn the IT infrastructure market and how Actifio is pioneering the concept of virtualizing redundant copies of information. You will hone your communication and sales skills and play an important role in developing sales opportunities across the world. You will also embark on a career progression of increased responsibilities and earnings potential including field-based sales positions.
At ValueData Technologies, we have a strategic initiative to develop our own sales team. If you think you have the energy, ambition and drive to succeed, contact us now to be part of the next Actifio Sales Champion. DON’T WAIT, CONTACT US NOW
- Work closely with Business Partner Field Sales teams to develop a targeted prospecting strategy for the assigned region
- Research relevant background on and make sales calls with the Business Partner including sending personalized e-mails to targeted prospects
- Learn and develop knowledge of Actifio and IT-related skills by participating and completing sales & technical training
- Leverage Actifio’s state of the art productivity tools including LinkedIn, Salesforce, InsideSales.com and Google Apps
- Run first calls, drive the conversation to uncover customer needs, describe the Actifio value proposition
- 0 to 2 years of selling experience
- Strong motivational and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial approach to business
- Exceptional communication skills
- Bachelors, Masters, or MBA degree
This is customer facing position having accountability for client expectations while positioning business driven analytic data management & integration platform and information technology solutions on Big Data, Data Management, Data Warehouse and Analytics including Professional Services. The positioning of big data and analytics software will be key competencies for this position. You should have the zeal to take on the challenge of building excellent product knowledge and combining this with a good commercial sense. You will be responsible for providing presales technical/functional support to the sales team, prospective clients, and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
This position requires:
- Provide technical leadership throughout the sales cycle and initial adoption of technology.
- Act as a strategic technical adviser to key customer contacts.
- Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business.
Knowledge and Skills:
Competency with some combination of the following technologies:
- Strong understanding of data lake approach, industry standards and industry best practices.
- Detail level design and build of HADOOP based data components including migrating from traditional data warehouses.
- Leveraging the data lake for gathering insights from social media and external data streams.
- Ability to articulate the value of Big Data Portfolio, including the differences between data at rest, data in motion, data in the cloud, etc. is preferable.
- Familiarity with business intelligence technique such as query & reporting, dashboarding, scorecards, analysis, budgeting & planning.
- Knowledge of the data management eco-system including Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, etc.
- Familiarity with scripting tools such as bash shell scripts, Python and/or Perl
- Significant previous work writing to network-based APIs, preferably REST/JSON or XML/SOAP
- Understanding of the Java ecosystem and enterprise offerings, including debugging and profiling tools logging and monitoring tools. (e.g. jstack, imap, iconsole, log4j, JMX)
- Strong understanding of various enterprise security practices and solutions such as LDAP and/or Kerberos
- Good understanding on Big Data distribution platform & technologies such as Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR, IBM Big Insight, MongoDB, Spark, Storm, HDFS, HBase, HIVE, PIG, Java/C++, SQL, Linux, and Cassandra. Kafka and equivalents.
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present to both line of business (LOB) and executive audiences.
- 1+ year of experience in MongoDB, Spark, Storm, HDFS, HBase, HIVE, PIG, Java/C++, SQL, Linux, and Cassandra. Kafka.
- Experience setting up multi-node Hadoop clusters
- Experience implementing MapReduce jobs
- Experience implementing data transformation and processing solutions using Apache PIG
- Experience designing data queries against data in the HDFS environment using tools such as Apache Hive
- 2+ years systems administration or DevOps experience on one or more open-source operating systems is highly preferable
- 1+ years’ experience in architecting and implementing data warehouse solutions, ETL, Analytics/Reporting with Cognos or equivalent BI tools,
- 1+ years experience in web-based dashboard development is highly preferable.
- The overall experience of 8 to 10 years with minimum 2 years in design and development of Hadoop and Data Lake Solution components across multiple Hadoop platforms like Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR and IBM Big Insights and more than 3 years in the data warehouse, analytics, data management and data integration space.
- University Degree or equivalent in business, marketing, engineering, computer science or related discipline.
This position requires:
- To Develop territory and build relationships with vendor/s.
- To Develop and manage budgeted sales and profit targets for existing and unexplored market.
- An experienced software sales professional in business-driven analytic data management & integration platforms and information technology solutions with a proven track record to build and grow business of Big Data, Data Management, Data Warehouse and Analytics including Professional Services.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to articulate the value of Big Data Portfolio, including the differences between data at rest, data in motion, data in the cloud, etc.
- To understand market dynamics of the new technology trends like Big Data, Cognitive Computing, IoT to lead competitive position in sales.
- Demonstrated knowledge of economics behind capital purchases and tradeoffs of on-premise and cloud-based software solutions
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal comm. skills including the ability to effectively present to both line of business & executive audiences.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask to effectively prioritize & manage workflow.
- Good negotiating and closing skills.
- Strong competitive drive and tenacity.
- Goal driven – should have strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Familiarity with business intelligence technique such as query & reporting, dashboarding, scorecards, analysis, budgeting & planning, Microsoft Excel-based modeling skills, Stats, Modeler, and/or Text Analytics modules is preferable.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience selling business-driven information technology solutions.
- Strong knowledge and experience with industry professionals, vendor & customer management and decision makers.
- Experience in identifying and defining functional requirements around business intelligence, predictive and advanced analytics, financial,
- Expertise in performance and strategy management, governance and compliance, and analytic applications.
- Experience in selling Business Intelligence & Predictive Analytics tools such as IBM Cognos, SPSS, Qlikview, SAS, Tableau etc.
- Ability to work in high-profile, stressful environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to present C-Level executives.
- Experience around any of the Next Generation technologies like Cognitive Computing – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, IoT etc. will have an added advantage.
- Proficient in selling Data Management Solutions in categories such as data-at-rest (Hadoop/Big Insights), Non-Relational Data Stores (MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks), data-in-motion (InfoSphere Streams), and data-in-the-cloud (Cloud Data Services) are the focus areas of this position and will have added advantage.
- University Degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, computer science or related discipline.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Job Description
The IT infrastructure Disaster Recovery & BC engineer will be responsible for formulating, defining & implementing disaster recovery strategies for complex IT infrastructure to meet Recovery Point & Recovery Time Objectives. This includes the review of configuration data, capacity data, systems performance data, architectural drawings, as well as assessing physical rack layouts and deploying disaster recovery technology. You will also be reviewing every aspect of resiliency and disaster recovery capability, test results, and event post-mortems.
This position will provide the incumbent with an opportunity to accomplish contingency planning goals: Risk Management, Data Center Relocation, and Business Recovery.
The responsibilities also encompass analyzing recovery requirements associated with business unit externally from the data center to ensure timely restoration of business operations or relocation to an adequate alternate facility in the event of disruption of services.
Principal Responsibilities & Skills:
- Ensure Business Continuity and Disaster recovery plans are developed as per business requirements for accounts unit organizations.
- Analyze impact on & risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Ensure enterprise IT Disaster Recovery capability for application, server, network, and database systems within Recovery Time Objective.
- To successfully demonstrate, conduct POC / POT and implement replication technology & disaster recovery orchestration.
- Coordinate and participate in customer IT DR drills to ensure timely recovery capability in the event of a disaster.
- Perform risk analyses for corporate functional areas to identify points of vulnerability, and recommend disaster avoidance and reduction strategies.
- Participate in Business Impact Analysis to help determine system criticality and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) for business applications
- Collaborate with Business Continuity function to test and/or execute Business Continuity Plans in conjunction with DR plan.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, execution, results, analysis, conclusions & recommendations.
- Maintain strong relationships with key contacts at third-party DR data center hosting provider.
- Coordinate all IT DR activities with the contracted DR hosting provider.
- 2 years of experience in deploying Infrastructure systems, backup software, replication tools and RPO & RTO strategies
- Deep understanding of IT DR at both a technical and business level
- In-depth knowledge of current best practices and technologies and their DR applications
- Experience in planning and executing enterprise-wide DR testing
- Experience working with and managing relationships with 3rd party DR providers
- Good technical understanding on virtualization platform like VMware & MS Hyper-V
- Proven knowledge of installing and configuring snapshot & real-time based backup & replication technologies.
- Knowledge of API integration with Databases, ERP, Email workloads & Virtualization platform, required.
- Basic understanding on Storage deployments like NFS, SAN, CIFS is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of hybrid cloud use cases for backup & DR integration with public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, IBM will have an added advantage.